Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Monday, June 22, 2009

From my Window by Linda

From My Window

Looking from my windows
I see beauty all around;
The colour of the autumn leaves,
The frost upon the ground.

The smiles upon the faces
Of my family when we meet,
A cheery wave from a neighbour
As I venture down the Street.

The children as they play and frolic
Their faces flushed by cold,
A neighbour whose steps are faltering
Because they are growing old.

A baby quietly sleeping
Safe and loved and warm.
A parent’s gentle caring
Keeping them from harm.

The tiny specks of green
As spring flowers break through,
Roses needing pruning –
Something else to do.

A cat asleep in a pot plant
Relishing the winter sun,
A pathway needing sweeping
When will that be done?

Dust upon a dresser,
A book upon a chair,
A desk in need of tidying
To show some sign of care.

I see so very much from my windows
And it should bring you no surprise,
That the windows I speak of
Are the windows of my soul – my eyes.

© Linda J. Vaughan
June 2009

(Window challenge for May)

No comments:

Post a Comment