Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Did You Know & The Way Things Used to Be by Genta

 

Did you know…


How hard you are to please sometimes…

I wonder if you even know what you want

I stifle my laugh when you choose to end it

I merely agree knowing in the next breathe

 

You will change your mind

I wonder how long this will go

Knowing we need each other

More than we are willing to admit

 

I think of you more than I should

If you only knew what the sound of your voice

Does to me or the touch of your skin

Desiring to hear your heart beat

 

I realize that I am critical and hard to please

I have refined my look on the man for me

I often wonder if it is you or me

That is the most fastidious


© Genta


 

The way things used to be


Remembering when work was more than that

When we laughed and joked

When we helped the kids become more than they thought

When we would talk about things that made us stay late at work

When time was not an issue

 

Remembering when we became family not just coworkers

When we were there before being asked

When we knew something was wrong without inquiring

When we knew that we could depend on each other

When respect became trust

 

Remembering when we were relegated

When things began to change

When it was hard to bond with others

When we were not sure who to trust

When it was hard to see work more than work


© Genta

 

No comments:

Post a Comment