Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Wish I Had a Million Challenge by Christina


I Wish I Had A Million...

I wish I had a million maids,
then I would be able to
Sit back and relax at last
with nothing more to do

I wouldn't have to worry 'bout
the simplest little things
There'd be no need to question
for any of these "sins"

I'd never have to ponder
on what to cook for tea
Or how many dishes it would make,
it'd no longer worry me

No more dishes on the sink
or dust upon the floor
No need to vacuum up the mess
others have left before

No more jumping to the gun
of all that I must do
To put a load of washing on
and iron his shirts too

No need to worry about the lawn
for it too will be done
Pushing the mower and breaking my back
ain't my idea of fun!

And all my orders and brochures
these maids will do them all
When I'm backlogged and had enough
and can find no strength at all -

Nothing would ever be too much
and at last I could relax
Without the worry that I have failed
and give myself the sack!

Oh, yes, if I had a million maids
to meet my every need
Then maybe I could stay right here
and I'd never have to leave!

© Christina
5th May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment