Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nightmare in Whitechapel by Christina

Nightmare in Whitechapel
 
Now I lay me down to nap
Leaving others in a flap
I close my eyes all else will keep
Till I have woken from my sleep
 
I close my eyes and in a blink
Before I could even stop and think
I find myself in a place
So unfamiliar, like outer space
 
No bed to snuggle up for warmth
No modern cons in any form
Instead an alley cold and dark
With rats and things and dogs that bark
 
And then I hear an awful sound
I stop and take a look around
A scream that chills me to the bone
Like nothing I have ever known
 
Then running footsteps drawing near
And all at once I'm filled with fear
When suddenly we're face to face
And I didn't even bring my mace!
 
He had a look within his eyes
I dare not even recognise
Blood was dripping from this man
And the knife he held within his hand
 
As he advanced I felt his breath
So sure that I would meet my death
But then Big Ben resounds his gong
And my looming captor is at once gone
 
Gulping air my heart does race
I don't know if I like this place
As I huddle on the cobblestones
Wishing I was safe at home
 
Maybe if I take a nap
This dream will then transport me back
Away from here so cold and dark
A chapter of a history past
 
I close my eyes and think upon
All those I miss now that they're gone
When suddenly I wake up to
The things I love and smell of food.
 
© Christina
10th March, 2009


Can YOU guess who my characters are?

No comments:

Post a Comment