Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Am by Seagull


I Am

I am deeper than you'd think
Though few get closer than the brink
Of what I am inside
What a smile sometimes can hide

Many issues cross my mind
Some are troubling, some are kind
At times alone I cry
At the suffering that I spy

I am gentle, I am shy
So much more than meets the eye
Wishing naught but love to friends
I am loyal to the end

I am happy and I'm free
Have no trouble being me
Though I sometimes am a ham
What I am is what I am!

© Seagull

No comments:

Post a Comment