Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pensive on Mothers Day by Linda


SECOND SUNDAY IN MAY

It is Mother's Day in Australia
And I look around me with pride.
The love and joy of my daughters
Brings warmth I cannot hide. 

Sitting at my desk, now writing
I look back across the years
Hearing once more the laughter
Feeling the sting of tears. 

How blessed I feel to have them ~
That their tiny hands sought mine.
To be able to patch up scraped knees
And to know that all was fine. 

My heart is full, contentment mine
As I watch their futures evolve,
They work and live and love
And problems try to solve. 

Yet I am feeling troubled
As I think of and remember others
Whose hearts were broken quite in two
Who never became Mothers. 

Those who came home with empty arms
To an empty cradle and silent toys,
No little ones to nurture ~
No little girls or boys. 

I think of those who had no choice
Decisions made by those who "knew best"
Made to give up their little ones
Surely life's greatest test.

Those girls who gave the best gift
To those whose need was real,
A child to love and nurture
Maternal things to feel. 

I think of those who stand in place,
While Mothers work and toil,
Taking care of little ones with love
Not afraid to spoil.
 
So bless you Mothers one and all
Whatever your story may hold,
May the sun shine bright for you
And you never feel the cold.
 
© Linda J. Vaughan
May 9th. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment