Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Mists of Autumn by Linda


Mists of Autumn

Sitting at my desk
I look out across the scene,
The empty seat, the mists that rise
And I wonder what they mean. 

I see her sitting there
And yet I know it cannot be.
For many years have gone
Since she walked with me. 

I feel her tender touch
As she would take my hand and walk,
Sometimes in quiet solitude
And yet at times we would walk. 

I look again and see her leaving
But she was never in this place,
She turns and smiles at me
I remember her lovely face. 

Seasons come and seasons go
The mists rise and fall,
Yet she visits me so often
Such memories I recall. 

Tis only in this season
When autumn chills the air
That she makes her presence felt,
And shows her tender care.
 
It is my favourite season
And I know she loved it too,
So we share a rendezvous,
In the mists and in the dew.
 
She was special in my life
And loved me like no other,
I am proud to see her in the mist  ~
My precious, much loved Grandmother. 

© Linda J. Vaughan
May 3rd. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment