Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Am by Tootypup


I AM

I am but one Soul 
Out of many in this time
One with just a simple mind
The tears I cry blind my eyes
Of shadows from yesterday's time
 
I am a Child
Innocent and free
The magical moments 
Of childhood games and the sweet memories
Till the day my innocence was taken away
 
I am Fear
That took away my smile
Breaking my spirit for the rest of my life
An elder of trust broke the rule
With no emotions he was so cruel
 
I am Afraid
Of what happened in the shadows of yesterday
No one heard the words I did pray
For the Lord to keep me safe each and every day
And to take my pain away
 
I am Lost
Not to know what is right
In the dark of my room on lonely nights
Hidden with emotion and the tears I always cried
My dreams of hope was what kept me alive
 
I am Alone
With this secret that stays so deep inside
A scar that is embedded deep in my soul
Being held close to me never to be told
Hidden it will stay within, till I grow old
 
I am a Master
Who hides my silent pains
Always happy to the eyes of the day
I am the strength for the ones in need
In your eyes the truth I can always see
 
 
©Tootypup-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment