Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Independent by Genta (Promise for the New Year)

Independent

Adjective with several different definitions

Choosing one to identify with

Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant

Trying to start the New Year with a new attitude

Looking for that individual who has the same desire and drive

 

Realizing that I need to let go of the hurt and pain

Believing in myself to be who I am not who I was

Setting goals that I know I can reach

Knowing the love that I seek is inside of me

Praying for people in my life to advise me and not to control

 

Wanting to be dependant on no one

Believing I can step out on that limb

Making things work for me

Rarely asking for assistance

Building a future that is made for me

 

Surrounding myself with those who look out for me

Knowing that I have a circle of people I look out for

Hoping they truly understand what that means

Everyone wanting to fit a definition that is not them

Independent lady knowing when to change the game


© Genta

No comments:

Post a Comment