Welcome to The Writer's Terrace - a haven for writers.

The Writer's Terrace (formerly known as The Written Word) is a haven for writers to come and share the expression of their hearts in our little "terraced garden" of women and friends. We don't have deadlines or assignments, just the opportunity to share the things we write.

We would love to have you join us and share your writing. Feel free to speak and write from the heart in whatever form you desire, but please no offensive language. Stories, poetry, free-write, letters, whimsical - anything that takes your fancy.

If you would like to join us please go to The Writer's Terrace Yahoo Group and fill out the application.

Monday, May 4, 2009

I Am Challenge by Linda


I Am - Linda

I am part of a family
With daughters grown,
Now I am reaping
The seeds I have sown.
 
I see them stand tall
And in this life make their way,
Caring and Sharing
As day follows day. 

I AM PROUD
 
I am part of a network
Of kind caring friends,
Who care and laugh with me
No matter what life sends.

We share laughter and secrets ~
Long talks on the phone.
And as each day changes
I know I'm not alone. 

I AM GRATEFUL

I am finding life a struggle
As I strive to be well.
How long this will take
Only time I will tell. 

I am fuzzy in thought
And tired to the core,
I would like my life back
As it was before. 

I AM CONFUSED

I am enjoying the seasons ~
The cat at her play.
Beautiful sunrises
That herald each new day. 

I am caring, compassionate
And try to be kind.
I am a dreamer, romantic
With words always buzzing around in my mind.
 
I AM HOPEFUL

When you read these words
I hope you can see
That above all,
I am Linda - I AM ME

© Linda J. Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment